Saturday 27 February 2010

Perfect Day, Perfect Month

So today was perfect, everyone got a PB in today's 5k. It was a wee bit drizzly looking so I was quite surprised to see YB and JW show up given their usual reluctance to endure anything other than perfect weather.

JC showed up, but then she's hard core. The surprising thing was that a) – she had had plenty of sleep the night before AND b) wasn't knackered from some ridiculously long run the week before.

So all in all it looked pretty good.

I was intending to run a negative split, but everyone went out so fast that I couldn't find anyone to pace off and what I thought was a moderate pace actually turned out to be a 9.50ish first half split.

Of course, when I saw that I thought, hmm.. PB? Sub 20? It turned out not to be sub 20 but I was pretty happy with 20.13. Even more so that my times this month have gone 21:00, 20:45, 20:38 and then 20:13 so a PB every week!

But, to top a perfect month, JC pulled out a massive PB, YB came across the line next with a new PB, then JW punched in a new PB and so too did Mel with 26.40. A perfect record for my Parkrunners! :-)


And now, to top it all of Mel is making cinnyrolls (inspired by this post: ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.